As the temperatures rising, keep cool this summer with these helpful tips!
Change Your Filter
Check your apartment air filter and replace it at least every 3 months. Replacing a dirty filter with a new one can reduce your energy consumption up to 15%! You can also call the office to have your filter changed for you.
Apartment Temperature VS Outside Temperature
The temperature in your home will only be 20 degrees lower than the temperature outside. For example: If it’s 95 degrees outside, your apartment will be 75 degrees.
DO NOT adjust your thermostat under 70 degrees during the summer. If your unit freezes up, it could take an additional 4 to 6 hours for one of our maintenance team members to get your apartment cool again.
Other Air Conditioning Tips
- If possible, use your household appliances during the cooler temps in the day. Try to use your oven and do your laundry in the early mornings or evenings.
- Never turn your thermostat off during the day. Set your thermostat to at least 85 degrees to lessen air conditioning use when you're away.
- Keep the bedroom(s) door open to help circulate air throughout your apartment.
- Keep your blinds closed and use other window coverings on top of your existing mini blinds to block out the heat. DO NOT PUT FOIL IN THE WINDOWS. Approximately 40 percent of unwanted heat comes in through your windows.
- If you do not have cool air flow in your apartment and/or the bathroom ceiling is leaking over your tub, please TURN OFF your thermostat and call the office at (972) 233-5827 to contact our Maintenance Team.